Partnering with Management, putting forth recommendations for enhancing business performance. Forecasting and assisting Senior Management in making tactical and strategic decisions. Analyzing margins regularly and identifying/rectifying irregularities frequently.
- Reviews financial and operational performance analyzes current and past trends in key performance indicators and drives performance improvements. Ensure compliance with Puma’s policies and procedures.
- Control general accounting, internal auditing, and budgetary controls and ensure compliance with corporate and local tax requirements. Analyze the causes of unexpected variances and highlight them at the appropriate forum
- Prepare and review the region’s, monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting to ensure they have been accurately prepared, analyze the forecasting performance including margin, financial statements and present findings and recommendations to the top management. Reports may include auditor and financial analyst reports; profit and loss statements and balance sheets; and regulatory reports and findings. Drive correct understanding of all financial/accounting impacts on P&L including forex gains /loss, margin impact, accruals, revenue recognition and billing.
- Ensure that inventory and margins are reconciled on a daily basis with the support of in-country leadership team.
- Support the preparation of the Multi-Year Budget (planning preparation, template of budget file, meeting with all the stakeholders, consolidate, reporting in Magnitude)
- Full financial control, review and monitoring of all Capex spend requests, actual spend and forecast and ensure economics of our Capex projects is achieved. Conduct post investment reviews to assess validity of economic assumptions and report major discrepancies
- Ensure, on time month end closing activities on HFM along with required informative disclosures.
- Ensure fixed cost is in line with budget by respective cost centre and highlight in case of over runs.
- Special projects and ad hoc analysis as needed
- Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders. Foster appropriate interaction with the business to help achieve goals – growth, productivity, and profit improvement
- Analyze recurring closing items (provisions, cash flow, FOREX)Propose improvement actions to strengthen internal controls and improve the efficiency of financial processes
- with 4-6 years of post-qualification experience with at least 2 years of similar role.
- Prior experience managing budgets, forecast, conducting in-depth financial analysis/planning and submitting recommendations for consideration
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong initiative/seek and accept new challenges, and have a high level of intellectual curiosity as it relates to new projects, and finding solutions to problems
- Adaptable to a fast paced and quickly changing environment
- Thrives in a strong team environment, including willingness to assist other team members and share knowledge
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and to assume a lead role within specific areas of responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to interact with and advise multiple constituencies in the organization
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and Hyperion Financial Management
- Must speak, read and write English fluently
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Management Committee
- Country Functional Managers
- Country Finance Team / Regional Team
- Oil & Energy
- Financial Services