Daraz Company Location Karāchi Sindh Pakistan
Daraz is South Asia’s leading online shopping and selling platform present in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, and Nepal (headquartered in Karachi). We currently operate an ecosystem of 80,000+ sellers with more than 35 million listed products.
In May 2018 Daraz was acquired by Alibaba Group, and we are proud to carry our part of the mission to make it easy to do business anywhere. As part of the Alibaba ecosystem, we are leveraging Alibaba’s global leadership in technology, online commerce, mobile payment, and logistics to drive growth in our markets. Together with Alibaba, we are ready to empower entrepreneurs in the region and to fulfill our promise to offer our customers the best selection of products with a high level of convenience.
- Own the relationship to a portfolio of our key accounts within the FMCG industry
- Those can include large conglomerates like Unilever, RB, Nestle, Carrefour, etc.
- Contribute to transforming Daraz to be a go-to online supermarket with Dmart as its flagship channel
- Bring an overall understanding of the FMCG industry
- Not just work on existing Key Accounts but also look out for potential new Key Accounts that can bring value to Daraz as a platform
- Engage in detailed discussions with your Key Account and develop comprehensive growth plans – including retail relationships where we buy from those accounts directly
- Responsible for growing your key accounts in terms of GMV, orders, and customer satisfaction
- Grow the assortment: get key accounts to commit the right stock levels to Daraz including the latest product launches
- Price competitiveness: get key accounts to provide the best prices to us to drive their sales on Daraz
- Onsite excellence: have a constant awareness of your key accounts’ presentation on Daraz (Store, product pages, pictures, campaigns, CRM)
- Operational performance: manage the performance of your key accounts on the operations side (how quickly do they fulfill their orders, how good is their quality, how fast do they answer on chats, etc.)
- E2E performance management: build a daily routine of looking into your brands’ performance and identify gaps and come up with improvement plans
- Use performance gaps to develop your key accounts further and improve shortcomings
- Develop & use the right engagement and training strategy to get your key accounts excited and successful about e-commerce
- Be the one point of contact and represent Daraz towards your key account portfolio
- Manage your key accounts campaign performance and participation: develop and drive your key accounts campaign needs. Be contact point to the Traffic Operations team who is supporting in executing your campaign plans
- Develop yearly plans (mini JBPs) with your key accounts and engage them on triple-digit growth with you and the platform
- Work with the Category Manager and Category Directors to diversify and grow the FMCG Category as a whole
As a Key Account Manager, you are at the forefront of our collaboration with the most important sellers we have: our Key Accounts. You represent Daraz out there – you are a Daraz Ambassador! As Key Account manager you will be assigned a small but highly impactful portfolio of brands that become your family to grow and nurture. Their growth success is our success. You will be supported by a Category team that gives you all the tools you need to succeed – bring your energy and grit and you will be a superstar!
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- Work experience in national branded or vertical retailers
- 2+ years relevant experience in retail and/or e-commerce, preferably dealing with the FMCG sector
- Proven track record of on the ground execution ability, taking ownership, and driving business performance
- Proven negotiation skills and experience with supplier management.
- Strong numeric and analytic aptitude.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills.
Importantly, we are looking for someone who will live by our values that define everything we do:
● Customer commitment
● Create change
We operate a matrix organization where cross-regional specialist teams support the country management. It is therefore critical that you are agile and work well with other teams.
What we offer:
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- The chance to work in a fast-moving, and challenging work environment
- Information Technology & Services